Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# and SQL Server Query

Options
  • 14-01-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Folks,

I've just started trying to teach myself C# programming and am trying to create a program that connects to a SQL database. i am creating the whole program, database included from with in Visual Studio 2008.

I've created the database and a front end to connect to it. The program compiles ok and I can enter data into the database from it. However everytime i re-compile the code the data is lost and I have to start with an empty database again. Is this normal or should the data be staying in the database?

I have been using the databinding properties of text boxes and combo boxes to make the connection to the database rather than code.

Any help would be appreciated as it is annoying having to enter all the data everytime I compile the program to test something.

Advertisement