Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not getting Tax Relief at Source......make sure you are.....

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

feck..............

I was looking at changing mortgages to get a better deal and just rang the revenue to ensure i was getting tax relief at source, and it appears I'M NOT!

I rang - 1890 463626 and I'm glad i did. I have 2 years to reclaim now.;)

make sure you are getting yours!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

+1
    Applied with Ulster Bank for mortgage originally.
    Between delays and what not, had to reapply for the mortgage.
    Ulster Bank had changed to a new system, and no longer automatically apply for the relief on your behalf.
    I had a mortgage with them previously, and they used to apply for it on your behalf.

It's your money !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I must ask did you not check your statements because on mine, its always a seperate credit transaction with the mortgage transaction on the current account and you see how much the revenue TRS is being put back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

TheDriver wrote: »
    I must ask did you not check your statements because on mine, its always a seperate credit transaction with the mortgage transaction on the current account and you see how much the revenue TRS is being put back in.

No, i did'nt see it on my statements - as i was'nt getting it but never realised. No matter, you can claim back up to 5 years. I have over 2 years to claim for..............so I'm in for over 2 and a half grand..........
    happy days indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

How does this tax relief work.

Advertisement