Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Package delivery

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hi I need to get a package senrt from Newfoundland, canada to Dublin by thursday,
    I was considering flying over to get it cause my son who is tehre can not find a company who will send it over within that time-frame,

does anyone know of a way of getting it sent here by then
    It is a very important letter

would UPS/DHl/Fedex have any system for doing this

thanks for any help

sorry for not posting in right forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

send it to Dr Emmet Brown, Professor of Physics, c/o Hill Valley University, enclosing a note that you need it in dublin by 17th January, he'll be able to sort it out. Failing that, scan & email, fax, pigeon. Wonderful inventions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

People in this forum will just rip the pi$$ out of you, sorry.

I'd had packages sent from the USA in less time so your son should ring around, it can be done. At least from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I have had stuff sent from Limerick to Thunder Bay, Ontario by courier in three days. Letter cost roughly €26. If our An Post can get it there in three days, I'm pretty sure it can be done just as fast the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

DHL can overnight stuff from the US so I'm sure Newfoundland shouldn't take more than a day or two. It'll be very expensive though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

<<DHL Employee

no, we could try to collect tomorrow but it would be tough. ideally if he contacts DHL in canada he can pay them to collect from him, transit time to ireland is generally only 2 working days so should make it but that presumes customs wont stop it... if its a letter/documents then it wont get stopped but you said its a package, any questions just drop me a pm and ill see what i can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hi I need to get a package senrt from Newfoundland, canada to Dublin by thursday,
    I was considering flying over to get it cause my son who is tehre can not find a company who will send it over within that time-frame,

does anyone know of a way of getting it sent here by then
    It is a very important letter

would UPS/DHl/Fedex have any system for doing this

thanks for any help

sorry for not posting in right forum.

Call them and ask :rolleyes: but if youre sending him emergency cash dont go An Post - those guys are crooked as hell.

Advertisement