Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurant in Raheny

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

There is a new Italian open where the old hardware was in Raheny, its near the Garda station.

I went to it when it was opening and the food was just ok. I went again last night and just ordered pizzas. They were really really good! 34 Euro for two good size pizzas and two beers.

I will update this with the name of the place and the road name.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Please do thats close to me I will have to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9917/restor1.png

It's right there. Looks like a very nice place. The missus is going there on Thursday night so I'll post here at some stage on Friday about what she thought of the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Tell her to stick to the pizza RahenyRed! Oh.. and they know how to pour a glass of wine!

Great if your not driving!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you think about it there is a serious lack of restaurants in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lightening wrote: »
    There is a new Italian open where the old hardware was in Raheny, its near the Garda station.

I went to it when it was opening and the food was just ok. I went again last night and just ordered pizzas. They were really really good! 34 Euro for two good size pizzas and two beers.

I will update this with the name of the place and the road name.

Cannot remember the name, but it's on watermill Road...

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    If you think about it there is a serious lack of restaurants in the area.

You said it, it was booked out all weekend. Did a walk in on Friday, it was packed, book full, no tables, good atmosphere too.

Rang on Saturday at about 13.00 and they barely fitted me in for 7.30. Well worth it.

Maybe the rest of the menu has improved, it was after all their first day open. They charge for helpings of veg and spuds, that is why I stuck to the pizza's. Glad I did!

Mulino's!

Watermill road

01 8313636.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

Well the missus thought it was a great place. Lovely food, she got lasagna. Price wise she thought it was great. She highly recommends it. However,I walked past it yesterday, it looks very compact with the tables fairly bunched up together :confused:

raheny red wrote: »
    However,I walked past it yesterday, it looks very compact with the tables fairly bunched up together :confused:

Well it is an Italian! Its not that bad though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

raheny red wrote: »
    Well the missus thought it was a great place. Lovely food, she got lasagna. Price wise she thought it was great. She highly recommends it. However,I walked past it yesterday, it looks very compact with the tables fairly bunched up together :confused:

Your probably a large gentleman like myself?..

I run a mile from those types of places.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    Your probably a large gentleman like myself?...

Ah, its not that bad, you should try Peploes on Stephens Green Mairt. If you like a bit of privacy and don't want to be rubbing elbows. MASSIVE leather chairs with big arm rests! Huge round tables... You'd love it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So Lenahans hardware is no more then?

I'll have to have a taster next time I'm back in the old homestead.

delly wrote: »
    So Lenahans hardware is no more then?

I don't think they could compete with Woodies and the like.

Advertisement