Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye Test

• 14-01-2008 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

HOw often should you get your eyes tested!? I got mine tested just over a year agoa and got glasses then. Should I be going back soon for a check up?! Also does your sight have to be at a certain level before you can qualify for contacts!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I have always been under the impression that every 2 years is the norm for eye test, but it also depends if you feel your sight is getting worse. I know my eyes got slightly worse over the last 2 years and its only this week im getting an eye test :p

I think you can wear contacts at any stage. Your opticion should be able to tell you if your suitable. I know my eyes aint too bad and I wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Up to about 16 years old every year from then till oh about 70 every 2 years after 70 every year. But if you have any eye condition then every year. Your optician usually keeps a record of when your due a retest and they will send out a recall letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

You should get them checked every year

Although.. i asked my optician why i went from beig checked out every year to every 6 months. He said it was because my eye sight prescription changed quite quickly in the last few years between 18 and now 21

Recently got my lenses tested again and have been told to have a full eye test. I have an astigmatism in one eye and i can actually feel that the shape of my eye has changed..aswell as my lense irritating the hell out of my eye coz it's not sitting on it properly!

So it pretty much depends on how consistent your prescription is

Advertisement