Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grid Reference - Nuvi 660

Options
  • 14-01-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

My dad got a nuvi 660 for christmas, its great, but having Irish grid references would be an added bonus. He travels to sites around the country which are mapped on the Irish grid.

I downloaded a program from OSI, called "Grid InQuest". It can convert Irish grid references to Lat/Long fromat that can be imputted into the Garmin.

Once I have these Lat/Long co-ordinateds, that is the easiest was to convert say an excel file with a list of co-ordinates into something that Garmin's "POI Loader" software can read?

Is there any way that the Garmin can read the irish grid references?
    (It thas the british grid, and various formats of lat/long imput.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I should be easy enough to convert the excel file to either a poi loader file or add them as waypoints (so they come up as favourites)

Have you got an excel file with them converted? I'll take a look at it if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 inkyfingers5600

Hi Kev,

i read you post about garmin , not sure if this is any help to you but i found a site with some POI on it in excel format that goes on to the 660 with no problem. it has POI for speed cameras, hotels, tourist locations, camp sites, and hospitals the link is

http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/ireland/

they are all free and there are loads of POI for other counties too

hope this helps!

cheers

inky

Advertisement