Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear Censored??

Options
  • 13-01-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I was watching the Best Of Top Gear on BBC2 just now and during the opening scene James May and some of the people in the backround were blurred out,it also had censored written across the bottom of the screen! Does anyone know why???? They didn't make any reference to it so I'm wondering what the issue was that it was done in post production! :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What were they doing - smoking? Saying kill GATSOs?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

yeah i think james may was smoking! thats awful weird though! I didn't realize the censorship board would have been that specific! not a good sign if you ask me. it looked terrible the way it was edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

it looked terrible the way it was edited.
    I got the impression that TG were forced to censor it and decided to take the proverbial and make it look ridiculous.

One member of the audience had his head 'scrambled' as he left. Now, why was he leaving?

Re smoking. Was May actually smoking or did he just have a pipe in his mouth? I didn't see the original show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

miceal wrote: »

Aye. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

Karoma wrote: »

thats the clip,or at least the screen shot of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Yeah saw that last night. It had to be one by some one with a sense of humour. Otherwise they could have just left it out. I missed the people in the background blurred out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't think the link above is the bit that was censored. The presenters were standing while heads in the audience were scrambled IIRC and they weren't talking about Porsche pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah they are not allowed to smoke indoors or show them smoking indoors (breaking the law) so they took the p!ss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

BBC cant show Fags anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

PC gone mad. Why didn't they just edit out the whole scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

becasue top gear wanted to take the piss..... they also think it was PC gone mad so they went over board on the ediiting to make it obvious that the PC brigade told them to do it... if they just deleted it no one would know!

Advertisement