Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friends

Options
  • 13-01-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi all does anyone have any advice on how i can get my georgous 10 year old cat to accept my new puppy ?? :confused: been together almost a week and still lots of hissing and back arching if pup is even in the same room.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

The older the cat the longer it takes.I would expect the cat to be hissing after less than a week.As long as you make sure the pup leaves the cat alone and doesn't bother it puss will come around eventually.Have patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

thanks for your reply lurchin along .my pup has now been with us 2 1/2 weeks him and my cat sleep in the same room and have been seen curled together .pup will get the occasional swipe from cat when he dares go near cats bowl or bed but then again the cat was here first and the puppy knows who the boss is .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congrats, well done!!

Anybody have any tips on what to do when your huge, 1stone, hard as nails, tom cats high tails it from the room whenever the pup is there?

(I always had my suspicions he was a softy under all the bravado, the pup has proven me right :rolleyes: )

Advertisement