Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosquitoes driving me nuts!

Options
  • 13-01-2008 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

So it's 4.47am and I haven't been able to sleep all night as Mozzies are whizzing around my room all night and seem to be swooping past my ear making that freaky eerie high pitched buzzing noise almost as if they are purposely trying to keep me awake :(. So now I've had to turn the light on and go on the net as they are just too irritating. As I have no spray or anti-mozzie devices here right now, are there any other ways of getting them the hell out of my room??? And I've to start a new job in the morning...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

a rolled up newspaper and some patient stalking should do the trick :D

So this pirate walks into a bar and he's got a mosquito and a drive-shaft attached to his crotch. He asks for a pint. The barman says, "I'm sorry, I have to ask, why do you have a mosquito and a drive-shaft attached to your crotch?"

The pirate says, "Yaarrr, the mosquitoes driving me nuts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

youl be up half the night trying to kill em, best thing you can do is hide under your quilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give up the house, they have clearly won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Personally, I welcome our new mosquito overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ladies and gentlemen, er, we've just lost the picture, but, uh, what we've seen speaks for itself. The BraziliaNZ spacecraft has been taken over - "conquered", if you will - by a master race of giant space mosquitoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I tried hiding under my quilt but it's too hot for that and you can still hear the bastards. Anyway I've given up now they won this battle, no sleep for me tonight. However I'm going to spend a fortune on defences later on for my room, I'll teach them to mess with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I'm baffled. So much I don't think I can even spell Baffled correctly.

Where are you exactly? Country wise?

New Zealand. Why are you so baffled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

if/when they bite best remedies are

rubbing dry soap on the bite

applying vinegar to the bite

licking the bite/ applying saliva

ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

rub that DEET **** all over ye. that keeps em away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

greglo23 wrote: »
    a rolled up newspaper and some patient stalking should do the trick :D

Please stay away from the hospitals, they have enough trouble without you suggesting stalking patients and swatting them with newspapers (though on the other hand if it reduces waiting times, Mary Harney might thank you)

And yeah cheers OP, it's cold, wet, dark and miserable here without a single insect bothering to stick its proboscis out. So thanks for rubbing our noses in it with your heat and summer and barbies and hobbits and scenery and all you have to worry you is a tiny insect looking for a little sip.
    Bah humbug, yeah humming bugs.

Wear dark clothes, use plenty of perfumed deodourant/soaps, keep your windows open at dusk and dawn, leave some bowls of water out, avoid nets, that only enrages them and the really hungry skinny ones squeeze through the mesh but cant get out when they gorge so just keep coming back for more.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Jungle spray, and avoid perfume. it attracts them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

actually, it'll be alright. these demons only possess the body of a virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't live in a freaky country that has flying lizards. Ireland has no extreme weather, no killer buzzing things, no killer anything full stop. Great land that'll grow anything.

See now! Thought it was great going off to a place in the sun and what did it get you? Mosquitoes.

Smear honey all over yourself. That'll sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Your best bet? Break itno the nearest pet store and steal a couple of dozen lizards, let them loose in your room, problem solved.

ok I have bought a Mortein Odourless Mozzie Zapper from the supermarket today. Let's see how the little gets fare against this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Get a lighter and a can of Lynx. ;)

and there are no beasties here usually just the odd few mozzies, no freaky insects that they have in aussie really, just the odd cockroach and weta here and there...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

dont fight,you wont win,dont even try...you'll go into your job tomorrow covered in little red lumps,scratching the crap outa yourself,close the window and door,,buy a fan if you dont have aircon and some mozzie repellent,then sweet dreams....

• Advertisement
Advertisement