Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you look after your GPS unit?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Recently acquired a Garmin Nuvi 250w and I'm wondering how to look after it when not in use. Also, do you carry it around with you when you leave the car in a public place, or hide it somewhere in the car?

I was thinking of getting a camera bag big enough to hold the unit and accessories, but maybe there are better options i haven't thought of. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

I never leave my TomTom in the car (guess its just a habit being South African and all {think I have lost about 5 car radio's, one Mobile phone, one tyre, a pair of diesel trousers and a handsfree kit} - but dont let that put you off ever visiting - it's a great place!!! :D)

I converted a see thru plastic bag that a pair of underwear came in into a outdoor cover for my GPS - works great when I travel around on my bicycle as I strap it to the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have a 360. It's fits nicely in my pocket. It came with a protective case. I never leave it in the car. I just take the mount down and leave it in the door pocket when I'm not in the car. I have mine mounted under the dash on the adhesive disk that came in the box. I have heard that thieves look for the mark on the windscreen where the mount has been before they break into your car!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

We bought one of those small bags (for keeping food etc cool) like this one only a bit smaller:

http://www.polargear.co.uk/picnic_summer_stripe_6_can_cooler.htm

Its handy to fit the GPS in and all the accessories that come with it. Great for disguise in motorhome!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Thanks for the replies. I especially like the cooler bag and the underwear packaging ideas! :)

Yes I also heard about the ring-mark on the windscreen being a tell-tale sign for thieves. :(

SA sounds like my kinda holiday destination! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I keep mine in my handbag, I must keep an eye for the mark on my windscreen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement