Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Control Problem from HELL!

Options
  • 13-01-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi I have a serious problem,
    I may have a virus,
    for some reason every 30seconds my computer thinks that ctrl and alt are both pushed, I have come to this conclusion cause once this happens lots of letters come out greek looking with symbols and i have to keep pressing delete or ctrl and alt again feverishly until it reverts back to normal.
    If I press a direction my computer screen then rotates to that direction.

Is this a virus?

is there some way of disabling the alt key?

Could it be caused due to a liquid slightly getting underneath the alt key (ejaculate)?

I would apreciate any help, it has taken me ages to type this i will press loads of keys below to show you the symbols that keep coming up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasáíúúéóííííííííííííííííóóóóóóóóóóó dddddd

I dont even know how it just made it bold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Hi I have a serious problem,
    I may have a virus,
    for some reason every 30seconds my computer thinks that ctrl and alt are both pushed, I have come to this conclusion cause once this happens lots of letters come out greek looking with symbols and i have to keep pressing delete or ctrl and alt again feverishly until it reverts back to normal.
    If I press a direction my computer screen then rotates to that direction.

Is this a virus?

is there some way of disabling the alt key?

Could it be caused due to a liquid slightly getting underneath the alt key (ejaculate)?

I would apreciate any help, it has taken me ages to type this i will press loads of keys below to show you the symbols that keep coming up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasáíúúéóííííííííííííííííóóóóóóóóóóó dddddd

I dont even know how it just made it bold?

Unplug the keyboard and see if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BourneHappy

its a áto,ánd
    its a laptop and restarting doesn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Could it be caused due to a liquid slightly getting underneath the alt key (ejaculate)

There's your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I'm looking, but my keyboard doesn't have an ejaculate key.

Where did you buy it? I'd like to get one. :)

I'm looking, but my keyboard doesn't have an ejaculate key.

Where did you buy it? I'd like to get one. :)

You are obviously looking in the wrong place.

Besides, you should be having somebody else pressing the right keys for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

These are about €8 - Flexible, Waterproof, Stainproof keyboards.
    You can find them in pound shops.

waterproof-keyboard.jpg

Surely a new keyboard would not help, if the old one is still pushing donw on alt periodicaly, unless there is a way to override one of them.
    Is it possible to get my computer to ignore the alt key, can i have less frivilous replies.

can i have less frivilous replies.

Sure. Would you like fries with that?

Try the keyboard on another PC, or try another keyboard on your PC.

The key can actually be very easily removed. Slip a knife, or a coin under it and "pop" it off. You can then inspect it to see if it is in fact ejaculate, or some other bodily fluid.

It is infact a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ebay up a replacement keyboard. They're trivial to replace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Try Control Panel > Keyboard > and see if there is an option to remap your keyboard.
    If not I'm sure you can get software that will do it for you. There will probably be an option to disable the ALT key.

Advertisement