Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Sat Nav?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in the market for a sat nav gps for the car, there seems to be a minefield of units out there, for 1 positive comment there are 2 or 3 negative points on each unit. Can anyone advise me on the best value for money unit with the most up to date mapping, I need it to show me low classified roads in Mayo as I deal with a lot of farms etc and I want to be able to input multiple stops to my customer locations into it.
    Thanks Muchly :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mr Digger wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in the market for a sat nav gps for the car, there seems to be a minefield of units out there, for 1 positive comment there are 2 or 3 negative points on each unit. Can anyone advise me on the best value for money unit with the most up to date mapping, I need it to show me low classified roads in Mayo as I deal with a lot of farms etc and I want to be able to input multiple stops to my customer locations into it.
    Thanks Muchly :confused:

Look for something with Itinerary Planning on it and you'll probably find Garmin have better maps for Ireland than TomTom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Digger

Thanks for the help, would you be swayed towards any particular model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

whatever one you buy make sure it has navteq maps and not teleatlas. navteq have the most up to date maps available at the moment.
    have a look at this for a start http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=341786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Digger

Thanks for your help, I've ordered the Garmin Nuvi 710T from Expansys.ie, looks like its hopefully going to do the job for me.

Advertisement