Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of Currys/Masterplan

Options
  • 13-01-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Whilst moving things around at home tonight, my Philips 37" lcd, took a knock and when I set it up, and turned on it showed a crack on the screen, and can only see small section of RHS of screen.

Now obviously the screens fecked, and I plan to call the Curry's Masterplan crowd in morning (Sunday), as the Philips warranty is up, and what I wanted to know is do they call out and replace with temp tv, when taking the existing one away to repair if possible, and also are they quick or would it usually take long to sort.

Thanks in advance for any relevant info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

They will give you a temp TV if they have one spare---it won't be an equivalent one. They have 42 days to repair and return it to you, or else you can claim a model of EQUIVALENT SPEC.

I highlght equivalent, because you can be very sneaky about it. See they will issue you a cheque which SHOULD cover an equal or better model, but if you can find a feature/spec that only your old model and a really expensive new one has, then they have to provide you with a coupon to cover the cost. Either that, or if you insist on it AFTER receiving the coupon, you can call them up and they will give you a verification code overriding the price on the voucher.

Trust me: I worked for Dixons / Currys for 4 years. Plus I did the above without hesitation. Worked like a charm (and perfectly legit)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    They will give you a temp TV if they have one spare---it won't be an equivalent one. They have 42 days to repair and return it to you, or else you can claim a model of EQUIVALENT SPEC.

I highlght equivalent, because you can be very sneaky about it. See they will issue you a cheque which SHOULD cover an equal or better model, but if you can find a feature/spec that only your old model and a really expensive new one has, then they have to provide you with a coupon to cover the cost. Either that, or if you insist on it AFTER receiving the coupon, you can call them up and they will give you a verification code overriding the price on the voucher.

Trust me: I worked for Dixons / Currys for 4 years. Plus I did the above without hesitation. Worked like a charm (and perfectly legit)

Thanks for the reply, IamBeowulf. I rang masterplan, and they don't take calls on Sunday anymore, also 42 days is a long time in tv/xbox360 land, without a tv. I had previous experience with PC World, where it took 3 months for a laptop to be fixed, in the end I had to take a new laptop as it went missing in England somewhere in Coverplan, but as I had a laptop from work, I didn't mind the wait as much, but now being without a tv would be a different story. I still have 3 issues; (1) Even though I was to blame for the damage to the tv, should they have to offer me a replacement? (2) BTW is the tv actually fecked? (3) Is it best to go to store, or ring masterplan?

Advertisement