Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fdisk

Options
  • 12-01-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know how to run fdisk in xp i want to format a 250gb hd to fat 32 but i can only format 32gb in disk management

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

guil07 wrote: »
    anyone know how to run fdisk in xp i want to format a 250gb hd to fat 32 but i can only format 32gb in disk management

Havent used it in years but if its a non primary drive select option

(main menu create - then I thin kits option 2)

for create extended.

Once extended is created then create logical in the extended - when complete format the logical in the extended. Restart and that should do it. I cant remember what the partition size upper limit of fat32 is - you might want to look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

my problem is i cant run fdisk in msdos it says bad command or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you are getting "bad command or file name" then the reason is simple, you do not have fdisk.exe.
    Where are you getting your MSDOS from? Are you using a boot disk? Make sure fdisk.exe is on the boot disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

i got it sorted i got partition magic in a torrent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

tut tut. shame on you

• Advertisement
Advertisement