Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Problem with Visual Studio 2005

Options
  • 11-01-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

I got VS 2005 off my college and all was working fine until I didn't open it for the 3 weeks of Christmas.

Now when I try and play a website project a load of boxes come flashing up on my screen with headings like Memory 1, Memory 2, Memory 3, Breakpoints but it still brings the web browser up and displays my project.

But the annoying thing is when I go back to VS I have to exit out of it and open it again as the Properties box and the other ones dissappear and when I try putting them back they just appear weirdly on the screen and don't work properly.

My mate also got this copy and left it for the same time but he has had no problems whatsoever.

I'm using Vista as well and just wondering has anyone had any problem like this or has anyone got a fix?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but VS maintains 2 seperate lists of what windows should be open, one for when you're debugging and one for when you're not. When you 'play' a website, VS starts debugging your web app, and thus displays the debugging set of windows, if you stop debugging (by either closing IE or by pressing the stop button in VS) it will go back to non-debugging mode and show the non-debugging windows.

You can change what windows are shown in debugging mode simply by entering debugging mode (pressing the 'play' button) then switching back to the VS window, closing the things you don't want with the x buttons on them and opening the ones you do (from the view menu). It should remember your changes once you make them

Advertisement