Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New speakers not working

Options
  • 11-01-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

I just got a load of new stuff for a new PC i'm building,, and it's building and working with no problems.. apart for the speakers.

I got the Logitech X-230 I've installed all the Audio/Realtek drivers that came with the mother boards,, No drivers/CD came with the speackers.. they are on and plugged into the pack of the PC with the colour coded jack plug in the right place.

I've checked Device manager and theres no errors in there.

everything in in the PC is brand new, So if anyone has any ideas please let me know

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Is it Vista?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

no it's XP pro. I didnt go with Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You aint gonna get drivers with a set of speakers.

I have found onboard audio terribly unreliable- may be a case of you plugging it into the wrong place on mobo- colour coding can differ. The green on my mobo is mic in, and the speaker lead is also green so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

make sure u have the settings set to analog not digital. and check that the headphones work aswell.

how do i check analog or digital ?

• Advertisement

head phone input on speakers not working

i've got 6 ports to plug in a surround sound system.. I dont have one and never had the last speakers on my old monitor where pluged in the green port and worked..

got it working..

the sound playback setting was set to something else.. i think something that came with the graphics card,, cos the card is a HDMI card and HDMI carrys sound.. so i set it to realtek

thanks guys

Advertisement