Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Microphone

Options
  • 11-01-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Right ill make this short and sweet. As of yesterday my mic had decided not to work with TS when i push to talk my friends just hear beeps. Now ill give a guess myself and say Skype which i installed the day before is screwing up the codec. Am i right or is it something else? And if im right is there anyway to get both working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Could be, do a system restore to a few days before you installed skype and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anti wrote: »
    Could be, do a system restore to a few days before you installed skype and see if it helps.

Hmm will give it a shot but its fairly weird for it to be working in skype but not working in TS and games so i dunno annoying to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Check Start>>>>control panel>>>Sound and audio devices

Click the "Audio" Tab and makesure "sound recording is set to your sound card (Eg. mine is Realtek Ac97 Audio, but if i connected my bluetooth headset to use as a mic it would read blutooth audio)

Mightn't be the problem but worth a check. I'm nearly positive Skype lets you chose your own mic indepentely of windows thats why its working with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

+1 for System restore
    I've had what sounds like a similar issue once or twice before, and all the setting twiddling in the world didn't help me. Ended up doing a system restore which sorted it out both times.

Advertisement