Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint Guru required

Options
  • 11-01-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to make a diagram similar to this one in powerpoint:
    circles.jpg

My diagram will have six rings with maybe 8 to 10 words on each ring. Anyone have a template or an idea of how to make this diagram up in Powerpoint easily?

I guess the diagram could also be created in another application and inserted into a slide, so feel free to suggestion another method.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

Just design the image in PSP or something, and paste it into your slide.

Powerpoint isn't the best when it comes to crafting your own graphics within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

make sure the "draw" toolbar is visible.
    choose the circle
    draw the circle
    by default it will fill the circle with colour
    right click on the circle and choose "format autoshape"

in the "fill" section choose "no fill"
    in the line section choose the colour you want and the weight of the line.

for the text, choose the text box field and type what you need.
    right click on the text box and choose "format textbox"
    the fill will probably be set to no fill, choose white as the fill. This will make the background of the textbox white, which will cover the circle.
    If it doesn't cover the line of the circle right click on the textbox choose "order" then "bring to front". this puts the text box and it's white background over the circle.

EDIT: repeat for all your circles. you can copy the text box, and just change the text. it'll hold the background colour of white and should still be set to sit over the circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea the method above is how i was thinking of doing it alright. Just thought there might be a wizard type thing to get it done quickly. Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There are a few people in work with me who have mad skills in PP. If you want i can ask them on monday if they can help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Cheers. I'll have a go when I get back in to work on Monday. Even money on my manager deciding to change the diagram layout at least three times. So I'll hold off on outsourcing it for now. Thanks though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement