Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domiciliary to Disability Allowance

Options
  • 11-01-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there, my daughter turns sixteen shortly and I have been advised that I no longer qualify to claim Domiciliary Care Allowance but my daughter must apply for disability allowance herself now. (which she has done but no response yet)

She is still at school and under my care (im a single parent) and whilst I work full time, I do take a huge amount of time off to take my daughter to her rheumathologist/GP/Paediatrician/life coach and alternative doctor.

I would be delighted for her if she is approved for the allowance but just wondered if anyone else has been in this position where they have lost their carers allowance and is it something I need to apply for again to cover the high costs of missing work and driving to and from her appointments or does the fact she might qualify for a payment herself cancel out what I used to receive?

I have seen on one of the websites that I cannot apply for a carers allowance if I am in full time employment, which I am and that cant change.

I would appreciate feedback from anybody who might have been in this position also.

Many thanks

Advertisement