Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2D Images -> 3D Volume

Options
  • 11-01-2008 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey, just somethin i've been interested in doin for a while now but can't really figure it out:

do any of ye know how to create a 3D volume from a small set of 2D images( 2 images for example)?
    I don't mind which language ya use, i'm tryin it on matlab at the moment.

(Hope this is the right forum for this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

There are many many different ways, it more so depends on what you want to do and the sort of results your happy with.

Would this be a static volume, like a run through (movie sequence), or would this be something that you would would want to navigate around like in a cad package.

Did you say that you only have two images? I imagine that you would need quite a few more..... Are they natural images, or computer generated images

Probably the *easiest* for a static run through is to just create a gif out of the sequence of images and time the slides

but given that you mentioned matlab, I think I'm barking up the wrong tree...again, more info will help. Matlab will generate 2d and 3d graphs, would that suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

Lets say I have images(taken with digital camera) from different angles around an object, say a person or something. Can I somehow combine these images so I would then be able to move the camera around the object.
    I would prefer to do this on Matlab as I'm more familiar with it but if you have a piece of code in any language it would be helpful.

Advertisement