Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for solution for HE congestion

Options
  • 11-01-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Right,

i have a Samsung LCD screen with 2 HDMI ports.

However i have 4 HDMI devices i would like to plug in. At the momen 1 is going through component which is fine.

These are

Sky HD
    Apple TV
    Upscaling DVD player (Philips)
    and PS3

I would like to get a HDMI port to allow me to plug in and switch between the item i'm currently using. I have seen one or two out there but have a couple of questions. Firstly can anyone recommend one. I'm guessing theres no point having top quality HDMI cables and a rubbish HDMI Port. Secondly, do any of them support automatic switching? The ones i've seen all have little remote's to swithc between the ports.

This kinda brings me on to my second topic. Can anyone recommend a good Universal remote. Would ideally like something i can set up macros on so that if i turn on the dvd, it will automatically switch the HDMI port to the correct one and then put the DVD on and the Surround sound system to the right settings etc. I have looked at offerings from Logitech and Philips. Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement