Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handiest Road from Limerick to Tralee

Options
  • 11-01-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

N21 or N69?

I see that both go through major towns - not sure if bypassed.

Which ones the best scenic route too?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

N69 - scenic

N21 - most direct

Not exactly a long drive if traffic is light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭le_tigre

The N69 has had less traffic the times I've taken it, but is tortous and doesn't have slow lanes, like the N21 route has. If you get stuck behind a massive truck in the pissing rain, you could be there for a good while. The scenery's not worth it in the winter, IMHO - just get to Tralee and take the scenic drives past it. Actually, the area around Knocknagoshel's pretty nice driving, if you take the N21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Take N21! Faster and safer. For scenery get to Tralee and head for Barrow (See sign-posts Spa, Fenit and Tralee Golf CLub)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I did this twice a week for a few years and what I found was:

I go the coast road (N69) if its in the afternoon or late evening, nice drive in good weather and not a bad road - only thing is if you get stuck behind a truck or something between we'll say Tarbert and Foynes or something, not too many chances to pass.

I never go the main road (N21) on a Sunday or at leaving work time on Fri, nightmare traffic around Abbeyfeale and Adare.

Advertisement