Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixon's Laptop Coverplan?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

My 8 month old Phillips X55 laptop is lately suffering from a distinct hardware fault. . .it screeches when positioned at any random angle, also with headphones attached i can hear every movement of my hands on the unit amplified (utterly strange). Any clues what could be wrong? Anyway, does anybody have the coverplan phone number handy? i feel an interesting and not complicated adventure on the horizon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

its on yoru receipt. Which you will need. So its best to go off and find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anti wrote: »
    its on yoru receipt. Which you will need. So its best to go off and find it.

i won't be home until sunday, i was kinda hoping to get the ball rolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

018781620 Coverplan (If you've lost your details)
    018781470 Repair number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sounds like your mic is on. (Feedback = screeching and you can hear your own typing.) Go into the sound properties and mute the microphone under playback and recording.

Pacifico wrote: »
    018781620 Coverplan (If you've lost your details)
    018781470 Repair number

much obliged

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote: »
    Sounds like your mic is on. (Feedback = screeching and you can hear your own typing.) Go into the sound properties and mute the microphone under playback and recording.

cheers but i've already checked it, i've been looking up quite a few possible solutions as this has been gradually getting worse for 3 weeks now, it's time to concede defeat and get it looked at

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Screeching that varies according to angle could indicate a fan or (less likely) hard disk problem. If it is the fan it should be a very simple fix. Make sure to backup before you hand it over to them though.

Advertisement