Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clone/Ghost

Options
  • 10-01-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

Just want to make sure im Lookin for the right item

We build custom systems where I work , ever one of them are Identical , so for installing , I was going to use something like norton Ghost . Setup one system , Ghost everything , and then use the DVD image from that to install all the other systems from . will this work or did I completely miss something

THanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

That will work fine, I work for a very large company and thats exactally what we do. Although make sure you have a multi user lisence for windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

well yeah that was one problem , What i had come up with was ..Use jellybean to update the Xp key for each system ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Joeface wrote: »
    well yeah that was one problem , What i had come up with was ..Use jellybean to update the Xp key for each system ..

Hassle ++

Try and get the company to get a corp key

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You should be able to assign your license keys from your Domain Controller. That way, it shouldn't matter about the serial key.

As for one image for the company, I generally have 2 or 3 different images (laptops, desktops, 64 bit, etc) and then assign specific applications via Group Policy. This allows for specific groups to be assigned applications easily and it also makes patching and upgrading a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Well Thats what I was trying to arrange , But lets say orders for this product are not High enough yet for them to be happy with spending on a corporate edition.
    that wont happen for six months at least
    Anyway at least i know im on the right track , the the ghosting

• Advertisement
Advertisement