Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowne Plaza restaurant

Options
  • 10-01-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

thinking of booking table for evening meal, downloaded menu and it looks good. does anyone have any reviews. is it a proper full on meal or will we have to go to mullens afterward. want to impress the in laws but they like their food so i don't want them pushing four carrots and a forest of fancy lettuce out of the way before they get to the proper grub. also do they rush you out of the place or can you sit on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

bettedavis wrote: »
    thinking of booking table for evening meal, downloaded menu and it looks good. does anyone have any reviews. is it a proper full on meal or will we have to go to mullens afterward. want to impress the in laws but they like their food so i don't want them pushing four carrots and a forest of fancy lettuce out of the way before they get to the proper grub. also do they rush you out of the place or can you sit on.

No feedback on the restaurant but have heard from a few sources that the bar food was pretty good in terms of taste and quantity. Suppose if anything the restaurant should be better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It got a mention here. Let us know what you think if you do go. You shouldn't be hungry afterwards, depends what you order and what you're used to I suppose though.

I'm not sure what type of food you want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

There seems to be two restaurants here, think this one upstairs called the 14th something or other....anyways I ate in the downstairs bar the other night. Not bad, nice athmosphere, jazz music and very nice staff, nice kindof relaxing joint.

Foods nothing special at all really. Usual bar food, toasted sandwiches, burgers, frozen chips. Its basically just food really.

Not too sure about the upstairs grill, maybe its a bit more professional or something, definitely wouldn't be overly impressed with the downstairs bar though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The food in the restaurant (upstairs) is fine, even if the menu is a bit limited (one chicken dish; very little in the way of vegetables;) It has wonderful views of the town and bay in daylight. The steaks were ok but not wonderful. The Lisdoo would easily beat them when it comes to steak. Fish is good. Deserts are a bit hit or miss. Wine list tends to be a little on the expensive side. I'd certainly eat there again but I wouldn't be rushing back. The Stone House would beat it on all fronts except the view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

just to update..... went here saturday night. meal was lovely, service was good, house wine was a bit dear at 24 yoyos and water has to be paid for. not too sure on the decor, all that wood and no athmospheric background music made it all a bit loud acoustically. we went down to the bottom bar afterward and here was even louder, it felt like being in a community hall waiting for the bingo numbers to come up. the decor seems so mod that it's nearly old fashioned. my only gripe really would be, after spending 250 quid in the restaurant, we went downstairs to the bar and had a drink. after a while a girl came over and said it was last orders and took the final order from us. seconds later a guy with a clip board came over asked us if we were residents, when we said no, he said well you'll have to move to the lobby. we've just given an order for last drinks at their request and their chucking us out. annoyed me a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement