Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung v Toshiba 37" lcd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

24p is good to have , 100hz is a con and only applies to CRT's , nothing to do with flat panels , the current round of advertising BS seems to be advertising some kind of interpolation as 100hz and that is not a good thing.

( on a side note , if you google 24p and 100hz , those features directly contradict each other ....one lowering the frame rate to give cinema quality ..thats 24p .....a good thing... the other supposedly doubling frame rates to reduce flicker ... thats 100hz and is rubbish ...)

Having said that , I saw a very very impressive Toshiba in DID in lucan.

My advice on any set advertising this 100hz thing is to see the set with that feature turned on and off , most of them produce halos around fast moving objects on screen , watch carefully for that. A flat panel with good electronics and a good refresh rate does not need it. There are plenty of them out there , in particular I would recommend Panasonic Viera TV's. They are consistently better than most of the sets out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Thanks for the response mathias, that was an interesting read.
    I have to rule out the panasonic vieras because they are too wide.
    Do you know any shops that sell the samsung I mentioned? I currently have a 32" and I'm happy with it so I trust their brand. Problem is that not many shops here in Limerick are a supplier for Samsung. Im willing to travel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I have the 40 inch version of that Samsung and mine has 24FPS support so i'd be surprised if the 37 doesn't.

You may want to note however that the 37 inch M87 does not have the 'super clear' panel that the larger M87 and M86 models. have.

If you're going to watch standard definition TV, the Toshiba is probably a better choice. Toshibas have a good reputation in that area... Samsungs do not however.

know of anywhere that sell the 37" samsung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Currys have one for €950.....not sure which one it is though

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Currys have one for ?950.....not sure which one it is though

Which Currys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    know of anywhere that sell the 37" samsung?

Powercity have the 37 inch *N*87 which if i understand correctly is the same panel with a different housing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Which Currys?

All of them.

Its just inside the door of the Limerick branch

Alrite, thanks lads. Got to sell my own one first! How much do you think id get for a 32" Samsung LE32R73BDX that I baught last march for a grand?

Advertisement