Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iced tea

Options
  • 10-01-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend a good recipe for homemade (non-alcoholic) iced tea?!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shadow745

Here's what I do. I only use a drip coffee machine for my brewed tea. They work much faster and brew hotter than "tea" machines you'll see anywhere. I use 48 oz. of filtered, balanced and softened water combined with 1.5 TBSP of Lipton's Loose Black Pekoe tea in a gold filter for more flavor and add approximately 3/4 cup of sugar. I then pour over ice and enjoy. Later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Thanks for the recipe! Apologies for a stupid question but "filtered, balanced and softened water" - whats the difference between this and bottled water? Does it really make a difference to the taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shadow745

There are no stupid questions. That's how we all learn. Balanced means to achieve the proper PH. Too low and the water is acidic and too high will leave it alkaline. You want the water PH to be between 6.8-7.5. Softened means a process of ionization, which is basically adding small amounts of salt to remove the excess hardness. Filtered means just that, filtering the water in carbon to remove any odd taste and odor.

Most bottled water is OK for coffee and tea, but can get expensive over time. Those faucet and pitcher filters work OK too, but really only remove some contaminents and odors, not really altering the water itself. Most bottled water here in the US is treated with reverse osmosis which is a great way of cleaning it. What type of tap water do you have? What type of bottle water do you currently use? Later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

I can't honestly answer what kinda of tap water we have but that's what I usually drink and it tastes fine to me, am not that fussy tbh! I'll try your recipe over the weekend - thanks again :)

Advertisement