Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry weather Jan 14th

Options
  • 10-01-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Met Eireann have advised the following in their current forecast. "However Monday will then turn much colder as winds swing more northerly in direction and the showers on Monday could well turn wintry. It continues as unsettled as ever into the middle part of next week. "

Surely promising for snow as we are approaching the coldest period of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Its very cold zonal at the moment. One day is mild, the next cold and so on...

I would say also thats its very hard to predict more than 3 days out. Even compare tomorrows charts from met.ie and UKMO. There are substantial differences.

Not much of an end in sight to it really...

A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unlikely to see snow at low levels over the next week other than a few flakes mixed in with the cold rain.Some mild days to come as well but all of them wet unfortunately. At this stage I wouldnt mind a return to a few weeks of dry settled weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I hope you are wrong Gonzo:)

Advertisement