Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an email to download something ? Then check this out

Options
  • 10-01-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of websites require an email address before you can download or sign up.

Have a look at this :

http://www.guerrillamail.com/

From the site:
    This website provides you with disposable e-mail addresses which expire after 15 Minutes. You can read and reply to e-mails that are sent to the temporary e-mail address within the given time frame.

Thought it might be handy for a few people

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Won't this just increase the chance of people creating accounts to spam or sell stuff? Its a decent idea, but will probably be bad in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kiith wrote: »
    Won't this just increase the chance of people creating accounts to spam or sell stuff? Its a decent idea, but will probably be bad in the long run.
    Nah, there are already a few such services out there. Spammers don't rely on your regular web-based accounts for sending mail, they're just too slow. A spammer sends out in the region of hundreds of mails per second, so stuff like this is too time-consuming.

The main use is for those times when you'd like to register for something and read but you're not happy giving the site your real address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I just use what I call my "Spam e-mail account". I created it for the sole purpose of registering on some websites. The amount of spam I get on this account is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you don't need to reply, mailinator.com and spam.la are good alternatives (you can use any email address and check these sites later, you don't have to find out your email address first.)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I just use what I call my "Spam e-mail account". I created it for the sole purpose of registering on some websites.
    I use spamgourmet.org alias' to redirect stuff to my spam@... account. It's handy; they can be made on-the-fly. You can see where the spam is coming from, and with spamgourmet contribute to anti-spam on a larger scale.
    Gmail now offers this nowadays, no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement