Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm Advice

Options
  • 10-01-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

we recently bought and moved into our first home that had an alarm already instralled, unfortunatley theres no one that has the codes for it and no key in the little unit with a red key holder, does anyone know if its a simple case of someone in the know how reprogramming the alarm, do i need a new system put in or what, also int he control panel beside the door it states low battery, i presume the battery that kicks in when the spark is cut needs to be replaced?

any advice appreciated,

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

What's the Make/Model of the alarm?
    There's usually an 'Engineering Mode' code that'll allow the alarm
    to be reset.
    The 'Low Battery' warning would probably indicate that the battery needs
    replacing.
    The Battery is inside the main alarm box and can be easily replaced in most circumsances.

RE the missing key, is it the key from one of the 'Panic Attack' buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

its an Aritech cd3008.
    i opened the panel to check that and now the alarm wont stop going off, even with the panel back on,

the key must be for the panic button, its placed in the bedroom

any help greatfully appreciated

Turn off the mains power to the alarm.
    If there's a Spur Unit beside the alarm panel turn it off or remove the fuse from it.
    If no spur exists, go to your power board and turn off the breaker (MCB) that supplies the alarm.
    Also, disconnect the battery inside the alarm panel.
    This should stop the alarm from ringing.

rite i found the fuse and tripped it for the alarm, it also does the lights in the house! herself will go mad if theres no lights when shes home! heres a pic of the control panel, i guess the alarm model is what i need and would only get that inside the alarm box?

Regarding the Engineer code.
    Try contacting Aritech 01-4521055.
    Tell them your situation.

How technical are you?

Some alarm's can be reset by changing / removing a jumper on the PCB inside the alarm panel.
    Other's require an 'Engineer Code' such as '1010', '1278', or '1234'.

• Advertisement

i wldnt mind removing a jumper to reset it, i will give them a call though adn let u know how i get on, cheers

rite i rang that number and its not working, rang the people who installed it and they directed me to the main box int he hotpress, its actually a Aritech CS350, I removed 3 fuses from the board and at least its stopped ringing,

i also found the master reset jumper, removed it, turned the alarm on, but it kept ringing.

If you have the number for the installers would you not be better off getting them to come out and reset the alarm for you?
    At least then you'll have an operable alarm system and I don't think that Aritech is too bad a make.

It sounds like you need the 'Engineer Code' and it's doubtful that they will give that out to you.
    I'm not familiar with Aritech systems but you usually access 'Engineer Mode' by entering 0 followed by the code.
    This will allow you to access various options but again this can be quite difficult without experience or a manual.

yeah, mite do, its 150 bucks though, will mess around with it today and see what i find out online, found out the default code is 01278, if they havent changed it at time of install

yeah, mite do, its 150 bucks though, will mess around with it today and see what i find out online, found out the default code is 01278, if they havent changed it at time of install,

rite, tried that code and it said code accepted, cannot disarm, feeling defeated!

• Advertisement

As I said before I'm not familiar with Aritech systems.
    Have you tried disarming with the jumper removed?

got some defaul codes that work, also got into the engineers menu, now its telling me that i got an open zone 2 and 4 and wont let me override them, think they are the front and back door contacts and might be faulty, so i mite just get it serviced to hell with it, new batteries and up and running 100%

Advertisement