Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhh! Damn drivers.

Options
  • 09-01-2008 10:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Long story short, my friends old packard bell pc is bollixed and I decided a format would probably be the best thing to do. Now I have the correct drivers for the network card but I didn't get the driver for the ethernet controller. Because of that I can't connect it to the internet and get the rest of the drivers. The drivers disk is long gone so I can't get it off that either.

Is there any way I can find out what driver I'm looking for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Google the serial no of the mobo, see does it produce any results. You could add a pci network card either, should be no more than 20e.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ok, I think the driver I'm looking for is for a 3com 3c920b-emb-wnm. All well and good but I can't find a single place on the net to get it from. If anyone can find a link to it you'll get lots of karma and maybe a cookie or two as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's alright. Crisis averted, I found it eventually. I guess those cookies are all mine. Mwhhaaaa haaa haa haa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

What operating system were you installing on the machine as a
    matter of interest?

Actually, I porbably should have said that when I posted the thread. :o It was xp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Download Everest Ultimate Edition It should tell you exactly what driver you need for the device.
    Once your armed with the information for your device go here, register for free, and you will have access to thousands of drivers

Advertisement