Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain 09.01

Options
  • 09-01-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭

Looks like Tipp/Kerry/Cork are getting a bucketing now. We'll miss the worst of this in dublin and the east by the looks of things so far but condistions could be bad later tonight as temps drop after the raing dies out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Major downpour here now. Not showing up or indicated by the met radar. Must be a localised pour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Rained a hell of a lot here this afternoon & evening

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

i had 21mm of rain scince 4pm today, thats alot to add to an already flooding river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

33mm in 18 hours to 9am on 10th.
    My wettest 09-09 January day on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Mothman wrote: »
    33mm in 18 hours to 9am on 10th.

I recorded 33.7mm in the 24 hours to 9am, the wettest day by far since I got my station back in August, also managed 8.3mm in the hour to 6pm yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

my total for the past 24 hours turned out to be 42mm ,waterloged feilds and overflowing rivers all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Completely waterlogged fields with floods in the usual places. Rivers very high and there was flooding on back roads near here.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0110/weather.html

Advertisement