Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blue ray versus hdtv

Options
  • 09-01-2008 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

can someone please tell me what i need to lookout for in a new tv so that it can use blue ray and hdtv, can a tv have both ?

or is there a specail blue ray tv that you need to buy ? as I was in the tv shop the other day and they all said HDTV.

am i right in saying HDMI ports ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

You can watch a blu ray on any HDTV with a HDMI port , 1080p sets are what to look out for ,( 1920 x 1080 ) though with a smaller size TV , 42 inch or less , a 1366 x 768 TV will do the job just as well.

The set should have HDMI ports ( the more the merrier ) and you should connect using this to see the blu ray , scart does not carry HD signals.

You will of course need a blu ray player , the PS3 is an excellent blu ray player and one of the cheapest , so if you dont already have a player that is worth considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭action jackson

just the answer i was looking for !

Advertisement