Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find info on pronunciation of name ENA?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Searched baby name sites but no audio on Ena .. is it eeeena, anna or en(ough)a? Maybe there's some society I could ring??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why don't you call her Mary, save a lot of heartache:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Hick09 wrote: »
    Searched baby name sites but no audio on Ena .. is it eeeena, anna or en(ough)a? Maybe there's some society I could ring??

I never heard of it until I googled the name and came up with...

http://www.behindthename.com/name/ena

So if it's shorthand for Eithne it's pronounced en(ough)a in my humble opinion. It's your baby so you can pronounce it as you like. Personally I'd go for the Enya version. Nice name, great singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

For those old enough to remember Ena Sharples on Coronation Street: images%3Fq%3Dena%2Bsharples%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG It's definitely eeena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

PDN wrote: »
    For those old enough to remember Ena Sharples on Coronation Street: It's definitely eeena

The Brits can't pronounce Irish names. :D

Advertisement