Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole/temp work question

Options
  • 09-01-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a job at the moment, in the meantime i claimed the dole for 2 weeks before starting a temp job today. Unfortunatly the temp job iwas just ot ocvera days sickness, so just got 1 day out of it, was hoping for more.

Question is, can i sign back on the dole now, considering that i worked one day - or do i lose my whole whole weeks dole cos i worked one day?

If possible, id like to do all the temp work given to me, be it 2/3 days a week and claim dole for the other 2days, can I do this?

Thnaks for the reply in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

No you don't lose one weeks dole. If you are on Jobseeker's Benefit you lose 1/6 of your payment for each day worked. If you are on Jobseeker's Allowance, daily means are assessed against you for each day worked.
    You will have to fill out dockets each week and hand them in to the Social Welfare Office stating the days you worked. You must be unemployed for 3 days in 6 to get a payment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement