Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Lore ETC

Options
  • 09-01-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Posting this as our Rowan tree in the garden, which was heavily laden with berries along with our Holly Tree, has been completely stripped of berries along with the Holly tree in the last two days. The next door neighbours tree is now covered in birds feasting on their tree.

Wasn't there an old wives tale about this preceding bad weather, non scientific I know, but a bit of fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

naa

The old peoples of Ireland believed that the rowan possessed the power to restore lost youth and was guarded by serpents and dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

I think it's more an indicator of the cold weather past, the poor birds probably have a tough time of it keeping warmd and keeping their energy up so your trees are just the ticket I'd say!

Advertisement