Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry Weather 11th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Mouthwatering arctictree, who ever said zonality was useless for snow! Bring on Cold Zonality!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

The 6z is looking good for Friday:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn481.png

if you want wintry weather that is...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

NW percip charts for the 06 GFS show nothing but rain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭squonk

Met Eireann aren't getting too excited either;
    "Friday will also start off frosty. It will be a bright day with frequent showers in the western half of the country but less showery on the eastern side. Then another cold and frosty night on Friday night."

Finers crossed but I won't get much. It's frustrating when places close by start seeing snow and al we get is sleet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Come on the snow!!! I'm dying for some proper wintry weather. Some crazy winds would be nice again too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭squonk

I hear ya Kyub! It's just tantalising at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hopelessly deep in FI, but T360 on the 12z GFS is nice! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

now that Ive had my moment with the snow last week my next snow wish is one that will last a few days. At the moment even if it did snow on Friday its not that great that every day its a swap between mild and cold. Hopefully we might get a week long of solid cold sometime this winter with some snow with it that will last on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a low pressure or a series of fronts to come down over the country from the northwest next week would be very nice.
    who knows this maybe the year a polar low makes it to ireland again. it has been too long since we last had one:(

arctictree wrote: »
    The 6z is looking good for Friday:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn481.png

if you want wintry weather that is...

A
    The probability is for pretty much similar weather to today unfortunately.
    Closer but not much in the way of cigars.That may change between this and then though.
    Regardless of what anyone says,I can tell you for definite that 48hrs is FI on GFS at the moment.
    It usen't to be that short but it is now for some reason or other.
    Runs are just too changebale from one to the other.
    Theres quite a nice indepth summary of the conditions needed for snow that I came across that I'll post later if I can find it.
    It's about a page long but is a good indicator of the kind of luck you do need for all of them to come together in marginal conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The met did mention Wintry showers for Friday in their forecast this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it looks as if the front straddling England will stop the wintry showers coming inland over Ireland. so i'd say any showers will be confined mainly to west and north west coast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lovely sunshine at the mo.

Advertisement