Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browsers not displaying wepages eventhough connected

Options
  • 08-01-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hey all,

this is probably something stupid but I'm asking anyways.

Have the eircom wireless setup at home. Up til very recently everything has been working fine. Have a desktop and a laptop that were connecting wirelessly to the router (netopia 2247-02) plus an xbox360 which was wired.

at the moment xbox360 connects fine. as does the laptop which i am on now. the desktop shows as connected to the wireless network but no browser (IE, Firefox, opera) will connect and/or display a webpage.

IE in built diagnostic thingy says that it can connect to ftp.microsoft.com but cannot make a https connection. an error 12007 comes up on the report.

like i say its prob something silly or stupid, i'm thinking something to do with the custom services I've set up for the Xbox live on the router itself??

any help appreicated

baz

Advertisement