Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rockfords

Options
  • 08-01-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭

just wondering is rockfords still on. I'm thinking of going there for my birthday on Friday night, with a few friends. what is the condition like inside if it's not great we well be going to Athlone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

rockfords is open but jacks is closed. thats where the live music is. there is still a slight smell of smoke in rockfords but after 5 minutes inside you won't notice it. the place is still filthy. needs 2 be knocked and re-built.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

no don't knock it, it's a landmark (and probably wouldn't be allowed knock the front 'cinema' entrance anyhoo) but for gods sake change the sticky carpets and stinky curtains. Haven't been there in ages but something tells me that they haven't been replaced !

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

I gotta wake up this old thread! Ah Rockies isn't so bad, the new Jacks has reopened and it's actually quite nice! Word on the street suggests that rockies will eventually be done up to this standard.

I think I'll believe this when I see it, here hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boa-constrictor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I gotta wake up this old thread! Ah Rockies isn't so bad, the new Jacks has reopened and it's actually quite nice! Word on the street suggests that rockies will eventually be done up to this standard.

I think I'll believe this when I see it, here hoping!

Its a hovel, its supposedly 'done-up' yet still smells like vomit, sweat feet etc....

Steer clear at all costs, although you might enjoy yourself in there if your absolutely hammered drunk to the point where you are struggling to walk..... the enjoyment being the thought of a taxi home.

Seriously, it is that bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement