Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight change in weather=Chaos

Options
  • 08-01-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Anybody elses phone gone today? Presume its something to do with the weather. Why is it this whole country practically shuts down when theres a flake of snow or a gust of wind. Its embarrassing. We are like the soft kid in school who always stays home when he has so much as a sniffle, while all around us are kids with their heads falling off are doing exams. Or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

My phones fine.

Put your placard down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

OMG JUST LOOKED OUT MY WINDOW AND THERE'S A FOOKIN MONSOOOON! WTF AHHHHHHH!!!!1!!1111!1oneone!!1!eleventyone!!!11 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I wish it would make my phone stop ringing stupid phone:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

itscoldandwetandiwentoutinitandnowimsittingallcoldandwetinmychairandidontlikeit!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I wish it would make my phone stop ringing stupid phone:mad:
    Easy.

Do what I do and turn it off. :D

Interesting weather tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I was expecting this Global warming to pan out differently, i.e. the globe including Ireland would get warmer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's raining in Ireland? That's unbelievable, must be global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

smashey wrote: »
    Easy.

Do what I do and turn it off. :D

Interesting weather tonight.

I cant turn it off what if someone rings me:eek: what will I do:eek: I have feeling if someone rings me and I dont answer the world will END for sure:eek:

So is your face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Jackz wrote: »
    I was expecting this Global warming to pan out differently, i.e. the globe including Ireland would get warmer.
    The hippies have been whingeing about "global warming" for years now. If it doesn't get warmer this year, we should round them up and burn them at the stake in public to raise the temperature.

agamemnon wrote: »
    The hippies have been whingeing about "global warming" for years now. If it doesn't get warmer this year, we should round them up and burn them at the stake in public to raise the temperature.

+1 frickin hippies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bad weather = poor phone signal. It's always been the way and no doubt always will be. We're just more impatient these days because the phone features are getting better but most of the tech behind them remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah but think about it: this heavy rain would be pleasant snow a decade or two ago.. ****ing global warming. Damn you Al Gore!

Hopefully it'll be like "Day After Tomorrow" and we'd all have to move to Mexico. Those latinas are smokin' hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hopefully it'll be like "Day After Tomorrow" and we'd all have to move to Mexico. Those latinas are smokin' hot.

nope we'll have to move down to whatever is below europe, so it'll be africa or maybe the middle east, probably iraq

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah but you'll get drunk and end up with an irish girl anyway!

have to admit i couldnt text earlier on but its fine now. probaly down to the lightning in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

2005 was the warmest year on record according to the guinness book of records. good enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

2005 was the warmest year on record according to the guinness book of records. good enough for you?

That means that 2006 and 2007 were cooler than 2005, so the climate is cooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

No. It's freezing now and if it hasn't warmed up by the end of the day, I'm heading out with my flamethrower to punish the hippies for their lies. The Green Party will be the Crispy Black Party when I'm through with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm going to go out and throw water all over the footpaths in town. We used to get great laughs out of that when we where nips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Meh, it's actually quite niceish out today and I'm not impressed. I want more crazy winds and snow! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭blackbox

Dear Mods,

Can yo please move this thread to the GREEN ISSUES forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Last I heard poor weather in this country was not a "green issue"...it's like that idiot on The Last Word yesterday mentioning climate change when storm warnings were being issued....newsflash, we get winter stroms every year...the clue is the winter bit.

As for not being able to cope with extremes, I couldn't agree more...it's a lot like our national "Aw it's too cold/too warm/too wet/too dry moaning attitude" that pops it's head up when the weather hasn't changed in the last 2 days.
    People expect to be able to drive to work at 140 kmph whether it be a balmy summers day, a foggy spring morning or a stormy winter night, we all seem to want to be able to cook burgers in our back garden and stroll around in a t-shirt, even though we're closer to the arctic circle than any of the continental USA, bar Alaska.
    Personally I can't wait until the gulf stream just shuts off completely, then we'll hear some real whinging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Global warming is now responsable for the bad weather too??Anytime the weather becomes unpredictable, global warming is thrown in our face. The weather has always been upredictable, its Ireland FFS.

Damn hippies

Advertisement