Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours

Options
  • 08-01-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

What's happening with Nieghbours, I thought BBC weren't showing it anymore yet it's on BBC1 now.

Have they made a deal?

How does BBC losing the rights to show Neighbours affect RTE showing it, if at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I can't find a date for when it ends on BBC-all I can find is a date of 'Spring'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6669769.stm

I wouldn't have thought that RTE would be affected. Actually I think I remember seeing an ad on RTE saying that they will be the only one showing it and trying to use that as a selling point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Channel 5 are starting Neighbours from Monday 11 February 2008. This should not affect RTE, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thought it would be gone from RTE too. I though they bought the rights off BBC. Who do they buy the rights from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

RTE seem to be showing an episode of the simpsons instead so that's seems to be what will fill the hole left by neighbours.

Though here's what that bastion of truth and fact known as Wiki has to say;
    Neighbours is also broadcast on Republic of Ireland TV network RTÉ at 1.55pm on RTÉ One, and repeated on RTÉ Two at 5.30pm. These episodes are at the same pace as the episodes shown on Five, but are not the Five version. RTÉ purchases the show directly from Australia and broadcasts the unedited Australian version with full closing credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

thats right GDM, Neighbours is on 1:55 (after H&A) on RTE One and then again at its usual evening slot on RTE Two,

• Advertisement
Advertisement