Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV or TV Card?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I currently have a CRT as my main monitor with a 15" LCD TV connected via a s-video cable to my PC which is used primarily as a TV on my workstation (via an i-link connection from the sky box downstairs) and occasionally as a 2nd monitor (albeit a 800x600) when the need occurs.

I am getting a new rig shortly and am going with a dual monitor set up this time around. My question is this. Do I need to allow one of the monitors to be a TV enabled TFT so I can connect it to the PC via a DVI cable and have the coax from the sky box also connected to the screen or should I get a TV card in the new PC and connect the coax (and i-link) into the back of the PC and then the monitor via the DVI cable. Would this work with any type of monitor and allow for windowed TV viewing? or even TV capture? These would be a bonus but all I really want is the capacity to have a LCD TV to my sky box when I only require one monitor on the go.

So as not to be talking in a vacuum, I would be hoping to get either a

GeForce 8800GT 512MB, DDR3 PCI-Express, DVI/Tv-out

or

GeForce 8800GTX 768MB, GDDR3 PCI-Express, DVI/Tv-out

And a couple of these puppies (or similar) - Samsung 22" Wide Syncmaster 2232BW, Black, 1680x1050, DVI/VGA, 3000:1, 2ms http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=342254

Comments

Advertisement