Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland

Options
  • 08-01-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, just a quick question about funderland. It says on their site that they are shuttin down in the rds this coming sunday and i was wondering if any boardsies know or are maybe working there will there still be much up on sat afternoon or will most of it be down by then?

I wanna take the little one to it we were goin last week but she had a chest infection.

Any help is really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

GAAman, I worked there years ago and the last Saturday was traditionally a really busy day so most of the owners tended to hang around for it.

The speed at which a fairground crew can setup and pull-down a site would amaze you. Toughest work I've ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Has it been busy this year?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Has it been busy this year?

I was there on the 28th and didn't have to que for any rides, actually had to sit and wait for some of the rides to fill before they could start.. Some good ones there this year though, the new rollercoaster isn't worth €4.50 though IMO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 FidesEtRobur

Funderland - "What are the Gardai doing about it? Surely, there must be bench warrants out on most of the people who go there." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

xzanti wrote: »
    Some good ones there this year though, the new rollercoaster isn't worth €4.50 though IMO...

I totally agree with you! I was there on Sunday..I'd never been on a rollercoaster before, and whole it WAS good, it lasted not even 2 mins I'd say!! So not 4.50, was disgusted with amount of time we got for it...the ride itself was brill tho :D

Was anyone in The Wall?! Deadly!! Never seen a ride like it before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Can you still go Sunday or is Saturday the last day to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Sleepy wrote: »
    GAAman, I worked there years ago and the last Saturday was traditionally a really busy day so most of the owners tended to hang around for it.

The speed at which a fairground crew can setup and pull-down a site would amaze you. Toughest work I've ever done.

Thanks a million sleepy will get ye a beer at a boards beers if i get a chance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

you will not burn cash quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

out of interest (purely academic) - how much would it cost to spend the day there if you were a family of four?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A family of four being two adults and two kids?

Largely depends on the age of the kids. Myself and the girlfriend brought her two year old to Funderland last Saturday. For him to go on most of the kiddies rides and two of the bigger ones (the Terminator and the Big Wheel), myself and the girlfriend to go on two or three and to win a huge teddy at one of the games (admittedly one I used to work on so know the tricks of myself), we were there for about an hour and a half / two hours and spent at least the guts of fifty euro. For two under 5's I'd say you'd be looking at the guts of a hundred at the very least. Over 5's and the rides are going to be the more expensive ones so you're looking at the best part of two hundred or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Thanks, and ... wow! potentially €200 for a day out in Funderland!

Is Funderland not for Scobies?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

In thought funderland was scumbag central

Advertisement