Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shower Temperature

• 08-01-2008 11:33am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the last month or so the temperature in the shower has been getting worse. For a while it had to be turned up to 8 on the red (red for being hot setting!) for it to be any bit warm it slowly got worse and is now on 10 and it is at best luke warm!

Is it time for a new shower or can it be fixed?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm guessing that the water supply temperature may be the issue here. As the water in the upstairs tank cools in the middle of winter, the heater in the shower unit has to work harder to heat it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there could be an issue with the shower, but yes it could also be the temp of the water in the attic, this can be helped by makings sure that the tank is insulated and that the insulation in the atic is not under the tank, i.e. heat can get at the tank from the house, but the tank itself has been insulated (but not at the bottom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thanks for the feedback guys but I think it might be the shower itself. Having it at 10 should be unbearable heat I would be thinking? Insulation of the tank might help and I will look at that. Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there are guys here who think that an electric shower just cant cut it in winter, i.e there is too much water to heat and not enough power to heat it with sufficient flow. Someone did the maths before, cant remember who, might have been mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Keano if the problem persists in April/May it's the shower, otherwise its as everyone else suggests.
    Note to anyone getting a shower installed, make sure its the 9.5kw not 8.5kw model, every little helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will hold of until April/May

Thanks

Advertisement