Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB ports

Options
  • 07-01-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hey,
    i've had my current pc (dell) for approx. 3 years and only recently i tried using the usb ports on the monitor, but when i stick my usb key into either of the ports nothing happens. Its as if the ports are just for show? ... just like a boy-racer car with an extra exhaust!!

Anyone know if and how they do work??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Have come across a few monitors/keyboards with usb ports, i guess you'll need some sort of jumper between monitor and CPU, if you think about it a video cable can't deliver USB, not yet anyway:D. I haven't done it myself but it IS possible to get them working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Correct, the monitor should have come with what's called an "Upstream" cable.

Basically it works just like a USB External Hub. You need to connect a cable from one of the USB ports on your PC to the monitor.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I have 2 USB ports on the side of my monitor as well, and dell supplied me with a cable. I'm sure its just a USB to USB cable but I think I lost mine :(.

Advertisement