Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for getting back to Hockey???

Options
  • 07-01-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi, I am hoping somebody can help me out about geting back to playing hockey. I used to play in Secondary school and I loved it but college got in the way but for the last year I have been really itching to get back playing. It was my 25th bday yesterday so I really want to get the finger out and get started, Has anyone any suggestions about which clubs or teams encourage people to train with them etc? thanks a million :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

all depends where you live, there are hockey clubs all over dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sputnik2_2000

I'm living in Killiney, but I work in the IFSC so I'm quite flexible about clubs? I'm not sure if I can train with a club or even just 'play' Hockey rather than competitively with a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

The hockey season runs Sept to March. Most clubs have a range of teams. Some teams train and play competitively other don't train but play matches on a Saturday. They'd be competitive but the skill varies depending on team.

Some clubs run summer hockey also. It's usually mixed and very informal.

www.hockey.ie is a good start for trying to locate a club. Try the club locater down the bottom right of the page.

Have a look for clubs near you, we'll give you advice on which you may prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lushous3

If you live in Killiney, Bray is probably your closest club. www.brayhockeyclub.ie I played there for 3 years, it's great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Bray is a good one... or Hermes in St Andrew's in Booterstown.

I'm assuming you're a girl rather than a guy :P because they are both ladies clubs

• Advertisement
Advertisement