Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moyross regeneration

Options
  • 07-01-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hello all, i am sorry if this question has been asked before, but, i am new to boards and indeed limerick. can anyone tell me if the rumours are true that the residents from moyross are to be relocated, in other areas of raheen, castletroy dooradoyle etc. There are many fine residents there but i must say i am concerned at some rumours i have been hearing in resent months. particularly because i have recently bought in one of these areas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It was denied recently, but still the rumours persist.

It's worth thinking that only a few hundred people are part of the criminal hardcore, we're not discussing relocating 50,000 people. I realise a few hundred is a lot, but not so much that they need to ruin a few more estates to house them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Didn't hear the one about Moyross.

Are you sure you are not confusing it with the rumour of demolishing St Mary's Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭donaghs

Plenty in the news today about demolishing and rebuilding Moyross. Any reason to think this will improve life there, any more than a simple refurbishment would?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

yes it's true! I live in Dooradoyle & I know of instances where families from one of the re-generation area's have been re-located to a private (quite) housing estate.
    Don't get me wrong I have no objection to them re-locating but I fear that nothing is being done (ie. vetting) to ensure no criminal elements and their cronies are included in the re-location phase. anyone have any info or experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

zombie thread. please read the charter in relation to digging up old threads.

locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement