Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Ireland's Cleanest town

Options
  • 07-01-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Dundalk has been officially named as Ireland's cleanest town in the IBAL survey. Congratulations to all concerned.
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol is all I have to say.
    Some turn around from 7 or 8 years ago when we were hovering bottom of the table. I still have to wonder what parts of the town they were looking at...certainly still some litter and dumping blackspots around the town.
    Maybe the wind turbine and Crowne Plaza distracted the judges...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

o_O ... REALLY?!?!?!

Shockin'! ... Have you any link for this info?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm afraid what I'm gonna find if I leave this town now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Cool !

I'll get that put into the Dundalk FM News tomorrow :)

(I start there as full-time station supervisor next week! w00t!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best of luck with the new job Bard.

Well done to all involved in the tidy towns too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Guy on from the council on LMFM's loosetalk this morning reckons the bill for street cleaning and park maintenance is in the region of €2million...~40 grand a week? Pretty steep.
    TBH I have seen an improvement in the town centre the last few years...but I'm thinking we're only clean in a relative sense; ie everywhere else is just more dirty.
    Ah well, the town could do with some good press so credit where it's due.

Advertisement