Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Cannot view restored Jpg's??

Options
  • 07-01-2008 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Need some help or advice here :o
    Laptop wouldn't boot up kept getting NTLDR missing, tried recovery console, fixboot, fixmbr etc, no good. I then tried ERD commander which boots the laptop into a windows-like repair envoirment. When I use explorer I can see all the folders (my documents / my pictures and the folders inside but they all appear empty. When I use the option to recover data it sees all the photos I need, so I copy them (approx 2,400 files, 2.66GB) to an external hard drive, but when I try to view them in either windows picture and fax viewer, paint, internet explorer or IfranView, they all come up with "there was an error reading your file" or "no preview available". :confused:

I have tried a few different programs to recover these photos but no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit, I have taken a screen shot of a comparison of a faulty jpg (kilcoole map.jpg and a good working jpg (IMGP1888.jpg) when opened with notepad. The good one gives some detail in the first few lines, and a heck of a lot of different characters, while the faulty one is almost all the same type of character.

Advertisement