Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal remote problems

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

:rolleyes:

Anyone have any hints? At the moment I am using 4 remotes

1. TV (apparently with a universal remote) Samsung Le32R82
    2. Sky Box
    3. Surround Sound Phillips
    4. DVD player Silvercrest 6515

Obviously it would be wicked if all would work off the one, but I'd settle for getting rid of one!

In an act of desperation I am going to Lidl tomorrow to buy one of the universal remotes they have for sale.

Anyone have any hints for making these work.. has anyone used the "universal" remotes that came with their tv successfully with other devices? I've been searching the net like mad tonight and nothing I turn up seems to work!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I'd recommend getting a programmable universal remote, like one of the Logitech Harmony's. I'm using a 525 in place of 6 other remotes.

Dead easy to set up if you're handy enough on computers, and once it's done you can easily go and change settings, add new components etc.

They're not all that expensive either, the 525 can be had for about €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Thought you might say that! Do you reckon they'll work with Silvercrest as well? It's nearly impossible to find codes for them!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Without spending any money (presuming remote isn't too old), you could try programming your Sky remote to work your TV.

http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode2.htm tells you how.

actually -- the lidl remote is working out a treat! It can "learn" from other remotes as well which is handy!

I have it set up with my tv, surround sound and sky box.

The silvercrest dvd player is still the issue. That's tomorrow's project!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Logitech are very good for obscure items like your DVD player. There's loads of stuff on the list they have. And if an item isn't there, then the logitech remote can 'learn' the controls from the remote you have.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions guys -- I'm gonna keep an eye on IBOOD to get a proper universal remote that I can set up to do all sorts of great stuff, but for now I've managed to get the Lidl remote to work on a basic level with all my devices, so it'll do!

PS: this remote had a "learn" mode as well, which is how I got it to work with the dvd player. You can even program keys to do what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Did you get it to try a "search" of the codes for the DVD player? Mine one didn't work with the two codes they had, so I did a search and it found one that does trick.

The remote now works with the TV, Technomate Sat receiver, and the DVD player. Great buy for €8.

Advertisement